• Contract Administration duties in support of multiple contracts including negotiations, execution of modifications, correspondence and customer interface.
• Responsible for larger FFP contracts and more complex engineering, production, CLS/service & development contracts (typically valued at $20M).
• Administer nonstandard contractual documents such as direct commercial sale, teaming agreements, leases, bailment agreements, etc.
• Coordinate all required approvals and notifications pursuant to Contract
Administration Procedures and Company Standard Practices.
• Participate and advise in the preparation of quotations, bids and proposals.
• Submit proposals and brief leadership.
• Initiate and process RFE's, AOPs & AOCs corresponding with complexity listed above.
• Provide on the job training (negotiations) for entry level employees.
• Process Sales Orders, requests for estimates and all other required contract administration documentation.
• Follow-up and tracking on customer correspondence and issues.
• Interface with internal and external customers to ensure prompt resolution of problems.
• Organize, track and input data to support department metrics and quality initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Science or appropriate Liberal Arts. Other degrees or disciplines considered with experience.
• 7 years minimum experience with at least 2-3 years in Government Contracting and/or Subcontracting required. 5 years with an advanced degree.
• Strong working knowledge of Government contract laws and regulations specifically FAR/DFAR required
• Demonstrated negotiation skills in price, terms and conditions and/or contract amendments.
• Ability to develop detailed proposal packages and independently interact with upper management and multiple program offices regarding required approvals.
• Ability to resolve and complete complex contract administration assignments/problems with minimal supervision utilizing ingenuity and innovation.
• Ability to develop and maintain key relationships with Senior leadership and external customers, including TACOM, USG, DCMA, DCAA
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Some travel required.
Internal Number: 572
About General Dynamics Land Systems
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. Our focus is partnering with those who protect our freedom to ensure their readiness for tomorrow.