Responsible for administration of government contracts, including long-term and blanket purchase agreements, and acts as resource for government contractual needs. Works with sales, operations, and other departments to implement government contractual requirements, including responding to solicitations, requests for proposals, and requests for quotes to expand government business. Communicates with contracting parties concerning fulfillment of contractual obligations to manage compliance.
· Analyzes government business opportunities from a contractual risk and profit perspective.
· Reviews solicitation documents and supports preparation of bid responses.
· Ensures timely response to customer and supplier requests in support of business opportunities, including conducting meetings with internal and external customer or supplier personnel to identify, mitigate, or resolve business challenges.
· Implements internal procedures, including customers and suppliers requirements to protect company interests while not hindering flow of business.
· Reviews and coordinates compliance with customer specified federal, state, and local government obligations.
· Works with, and serves as liaison to sales, operations, finance, pricing, and other cross-functional departments.
· Prepares and submits contractually required reports.
· Coordinates responses to customer requests for representations and certifications, including FAR clauses and state and local government specific requirements.
Works with legal team for review of agreements and commercial sales in support of government customers.
Progressive managing government contracts experience – 1 year required; 3 years preferred.
Data comparison and analysis - 1 year required; 3 years preferred
Manipulating data files to standardized templates - 1 year required; 3 years preferred
Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance, or related field required
Expertise with federal acquisition regulation (FAR) and federal supplement regulations.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local procurement practices.
Knowledge of government contract formation, development, implementation, execution, and administration.
Ability to work effectively, independently, or collaboratively with a team.
Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and suppliers.
Presentation skills with ability to present ideas clearly.
Ability to independently investigate and research existing sources to supplement existing knowledge.
Bias towards action and accountability.
Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel
Strong interpersonal skills
Internal Number: IRC195444
About Wesco Distribution
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2017 annual sales were approximately $7.7 billion. The company employs approximately 9,100 people, maintains relationships with over 26,000 suppliers, and serves approximately 70,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities. WESCO operates 10 fully automated distribution centers and approximately 500 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.