The Contracts Analyst reviews government and commercial requirements to determine company interest and feasibility of entering the bid process. In this role, the Contracts Analyst determines the scope of requirements for solicitations/RFQs and existing contracts and coordinates with Finance and Operations to respond. The Analyst is also responsible for the administration of government and commercial contracts throughout their life cycle.
- Reviews complex customer solicitations to identify and analyze potential business opportunities and risks and develops appropriate strategies.
- Performs terms and conditions contract review and identifies risks and opportunities. Acts as knowledge base for questions and clarification.
- Ensures all contract reviews, pricing, approvals, and execution are in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Briefs management clearly and concisely on business/contractual risks and opportunities. Makes recommendations on course of action.
- Leads multi-functional contractual negotiation teams. Maintains collegial relationships with internal customers and business units.
- Serves as subject matter expert for assigned contracts throughout their life cycle. Coordinates with all departments as necessary to ensure effective proposal and contract strategy.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with commercial and government customer procurement community.
- Communicates and coordinates effectively with government and commercial customers to understand issues and develop solutions.
- Trains new department employees as necessary and participates in cross-training with existing team members.
*Other duties as assigned by management.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Contract Management or related field is preferred.
3-5 years of U.S. government contracts and proposal experience within a manufacturing environment is required. Experience with the regulatory environment of firearms (ATF, NFA, GCA) is preferred.
Customer-facing relationship and communication experience is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of the position include:
- Skilled in interpretation and application of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS).
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively. Comfortable communicating important information to management.
- Listens and requests clarification.
- Ability to host and/or participate in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Reads and interprets written information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM), Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM) or Certified Commercial Contract Manager (CCCM) certificate desirable.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor