Prepares moderately complex proposals, conducts negotiations, and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications and other official communications. Interacts with customers in accordance with company’s policies and procedures, applicable laws, customer requirements, and sound business judgment. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs tasks with increasing complexity and tasks requiring detailed analysis and research. Works under general supervision. Creativity and independent decision making is required. Typically reports to a manager.
• Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure and communicates results to subordinates.
• Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
• Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives
• Reviews and manages contractual obligations and provides appropriate level of review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
• Works with different contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus and hybrids), modifies contracts and exercises options, terminates and closes out contract
• Familiar with GSA Schedules, GSA Contracts, FAR, DFARS and other agency supplements in order to quickly perform sophisticated risk analysis for new and ongoing opportunities.
• Focal point for communication with Finance, Legal and business team members for resolution of contract matters and disputes • Acts as liaison between our internal client and the end customer Contracting Officer/Buyer.
• Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes
• Has an understanding of the business being conducted and an understanding of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications
• May be assigned small business liaison actions, SB planning and reporting
• May be assigned department compliance support actions such as review of database accuracy, analysis of SAP information
• May be assigned to track and enter manpower reports for U.S. government contracts
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years in business or related field.
Professional certification through NCMA or a college preferred.
Strong writing and analytic skills essential.
Demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
Broad experience preferred covering both services and product contracting.
An understanding of international, state, local and commercial contracting preferred.
Active security clearance or clearance eligible required.
Internal Number: NC52712852-E-1
About Serco Inc.
Serco is a global company that specializes in service delivery excellence. Serco Inc., a division of Serco Group plc, serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers