Are you passionate about negotiating contracts and developing creative business agreements that contribute to success? Do you thrive working with highly-motivated and creative peers in a dynamic and informal environment? If so, then Viasat has a great career opportunity for you.
Viasat’s very successful and growing Government Systems Segment is seeking an engaged, proactive, team oriented Sr. Contracts Manager who can support Secure Network Systems (SNS) business area and be part of Viasat's contracts staff to represent the company to a variety of customers on transactional contracts and strategic agreements. SNS provides high grade encryption on trusted security platforms. Our customer set includes US and International federal, defense, financial, healthcare, high tech enterprise, and regulated markets (utilities, oil, gas, etc.) customers that purchase information assurance and cyber security equipment. You, as a senior working manager, and your direct reports will be empowered to propose, prepare and negotiate contracts and partnering agreements that provide creative solutions to solve unique problems. You will lead cross-functional teams in negotiations and exercise independent judgment in managing all phases of contract execution and customer interaction. The ability to identify and articulate key deal points, conduct transactional risk assessment and mitigation, and prepare for negotiation is necessary. You will effectively communicate with various levels of internal management on contractual issues and offerings in order to develop and coordinate business positions and contractual terms. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, have experience in creatively solving unique problems for improved results, is a self-starter with the ability to work within broad guidelines and general supervision and think and act creatively “outside of the box” to solve unique problems. You should have depth of expertise in government and commercial contracting practices, proposal compliance, terms and conditions and support of major government, commercial and international programs.
Viasat is changing the way people connect across the globe in the air, on the ground, and at sea. From our award-winning in-flight connectivity, to providing home internet to millions of users, to big data and security, we thrive on pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Our in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity is presently streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix on providers like JetBlue and United Airlines. Viasat has more satellite capacity than any other company in the world! Viasat believes everyone and everything can be connected.
We're never satisfied with the status quo, and we're passionate about innovating better internet to serve the world. Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe.
• 8+ years of progressive government contracts experience and accomplishments including the creation of contracts, proposals and agreements.
• Advanced working knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and DoD acquisition policy.
• A superior proficiency in drafting commercial contracts and strategic agreements such as Teaming Agreements, Terms Sheets, Sales Representative Agreements and negotiating with a keen eye to recognize and minimize company risk and maximize Viasat’s profitable execution success.
• Ability to develop and apply solutions to complex problems requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
• Able to quickly comprehend business deals, provide strategic input, and effectively tailor the agreements to better meet company objectives.
• Strong experience to effectively utilize Excel spreadsheets as well as data bases (such as Oracle and Sales Force Tracker).
• Skilled communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and administer various responsibilities with internal and external customers while meeting deadlines in a professional and organized manner.
• U.S. Government position. U.S. Citizenship required.
• Willingness and ability to secure a U.S. Government security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
• MBA, Law Degree, or CPCM certification.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance.
• Prior supervisory experience
• Approximately 10% travel.
Internal Number: 2577
ViaSat produces innovative satellite and other digital communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location. We bring today’s new communication applications to people out of reach of terrestrial networks, in both the commercial and government sectors, with a variety of networking products and services.
Here you’ll find a company that is always asking,” What’s next?”, with the vertically integrated set of technologies to push the limits of what is possible for your system and service performance.
Satellite networks for fixed-site and mobile communications
Satellite antenna systems
Wireless datalinks and terminals for combat situational awareness
Cybersecurity and Information Assurance for military networking and encrypted data storage
Mobile IP networking for soldiers
Communication microprocessor chipsets
Application and communication acceleration
Satellite network and RF system design
Communication simulation and training systems
Global mobile satellite services
Satellite broadband services for consumers, business, and government customers in the U.S.