Business Management, Contract Management, Subcontract Management
4 Year Degree
Are you someone that enjoys working in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment? Do you have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills? Are attention to detail, accuracy and effective partnering important to you?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our Contracts Management team at APL.
We are seeking a Closeout Manager to perform all aspects of prime contract and subcontract closeout administration within the Business, Communications and Facilities Department (BCFD), Contracts & Asset Management Group.
You will work closely with Contracts and Financial Managers, as well as staff within APL's Sector's/Department’s Accounting and Finance organizations.
As a Closeout Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Analyzing Prime Contracts and Subcontracts to determine closeout requirements and methods. Determining Laboratory fee entitlement on contracts and task orders, and providing instruction to Billing as to the final amount to be invoiced. Reviewing final invoice documents prepared by Billing for accuracy and compliance with contractual terms.
- Preparing, transmitting and archiving internal and customer required closeout documents. Obtaining required closeout forms from subcontractors, de-committing subcontractor funds, requesting and reviewing DCAA audit of subcontractors, coordinating subcontractor desk audits, and approving subcontractor final invoices for payment.
- Interacting regularly with Business Services staff, notably Contracts Managers, Subcontracts Administrators, Billing Representatives, and Departmental Program and Financial Managers to ensure contract requirements have been met (e.g., submission of deliverables, verifying that all payments have been made, obtaining various releases, closeout of subcontract agreements, disposition of government property, disposition of classified material, etc.).
- Developing an excellent working rapport with Departmental and Mission Area staff, and assisting them with the closeout process to include training on closeout processes and requirements.
- Participating in regularly scheduled meetings with DCMA, and coordinating with DCMA and DCAA on audit findings and other issues that relate to the closeout process.
- Assisting with: i) maintaining the practices and procedures documentation; ii) providing training as necessary; iii) compiling statistics; and iv) developing and maintaining status reports.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- Have 5 to 10 years of hands-on professional level experience in Prime/Sub-Contract Closeout with a prime government contractor.
- Have a practical understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and other agency specific regulations, as they apply to prime and subcontract closeout for various contract types.
- Are highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently.
- Have excellent problem solving and communication skills, including effective writing skills.
- Have proficient MS Word and Excel skills with the ability to generate reports.
- Are a US Citizen. Due to the classified nature of much of APL's work, many positions at APL require US Citizenship.
You will go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Have practical knowledge of SharePoint.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is based on years of experience and education.
Internal Number: 21318
About JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a university-affiliated research center (UARC). APL solves complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation.