We are seeking a Senior Subcontracts Manager to help us manage all contractual matters including negotiations, resolving issues, executing agreements and overseeing subcontracts. You will be an integral part of a larger team that thrives in a fast-paced, multi-priority environment where meeting aggressive deadlines is the norm.
As a Senior Subcontracts Manager ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to partner closely with our technical teams, their Program Management Offices, and other functional departments.
- You will be required to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods for obtaining solutions, focusing on clear communication and relationship management.
- You will manage a portfolio of work that will include the full procurement life cycle of subcontractor services by guiding technical staff through the acquisition process, including pre-solicitation planning, review and critique of the statements of work (SOW), evaluation of contractor proposals, conducting negotiations, awarding contracts, managing contractor performance, and ultimately contract closeout.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent years of professional contracts or subcontracts work experience;
- Have 7+ years of professional level experience in Subcontracts or Prime Contracts applying the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and contractor-side government contracting;
- Have experience with and proficiency in analyzing, negotiating, awarding and administering standard types of contracts;
- Are willing and able to work at the Laurel, Maryland location during the core business hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday;
- Are able to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess an advanced degree;
- Have expertise performing complex cost/price analyses;
- Possess a professional certification (CFCM, CPCM).
Internal Number: 23511
About Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a university-affiliated research center (UARC). APL solves complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation.