Are you someone that enjoys working in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment? Do you have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills? Are attention to detail, accuracy and effective partnering important to you?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our Contracts Management team at APL.
We are seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator to support all facets of prime contract administration within the Business, Communications and Facilities Department (BCFD), Contracts & Asset Management Group. You will serve as the primary interface between APL program/financial managers and government Contracting Officers, lead pre- and post-award contract formation, and manage activities for a portfolio of complex government contracts.
As a Senior Contracts Administrator, you will...
- Engage with APL staff and prospective sponsors to advise on contracting strategies and working with Contracting officers to ensure timely awards and seamless contractual coverage
- Review solicitation documents and draft contract terms and conditions for risk and acceptability, providing inputs to and review of proposals, formulating and executing negotiation strategies
- Negotiate/administer a wide range of task orders and contract modifications, and maintain data in electronic files and business systems
We are looking for someone who is forward thinking and thinks strategically to offer process improvements related to business practices, systems and tools aimed at increasing efficiency, productivity, and flexibility.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Have 5+ years of professional level experience in federal government "prime" contracting.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and FAR supplements.
- Have strong negotiation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Have proficient MS Word and Excel skills.
- Are able to form close and effective partnerships.
- Can multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and independently solve problems
- Possess a Secret security clearance and be TS/SCI eligible. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. Citizenship.
You go above and beyond our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have DoD "prime" contracting experience.
- Possess an active Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance.
Additional Salary Information: Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Internal Number: 23616
About Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a university-affiliated research center (UARC). APL solves complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation.