The Supply Chain Manager for Oceaneering's Space Systems oversees all aspects of materials from raw material purchases and delivery through shipments to customers. Acts as the owner of the procurement system and oversees procurement, planning, scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving.
Responsible for all aspects of the procurement process and system in an Engineering Development Aerospace division; directs planning of procurement and raw materials, including subcontracted services; responsible for inventory accuracy and turns; ensures that every step of the procurement and material management processes are functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities due to availability of materials; and communicates needs and objectives to key internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, sales, service, manufacturing and management.
Responsible for Management of Government procurement, ensuring compliance with FAR/DFAR regulations and maintaining CPSR certification. Responsible for Management of Government Property Administration, ensuring compliance with FAR/DFAR regulations and maintaining Government Property System approval.
Duties & Responsibilities
Oversight of all Division Supply Chain Management functions to include:
Assesses Supply Chain organization to determine if business needs are being met and creates action plans to address deficiencies. Responds to escalated issues to assist with determining solution for business success.
Provides input into staffing and capacity needs in order to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Oversees planning and scheduling activities.
• Works closely with Engineering on new jobs and product developments.
• Maintains the standards used for job quotes and schedule lead times.
• Works with Engineering to order time studies used for system input.
• Responsible for efficient and accurate MRP functionality.
• Negotiates cost reductions.
• Identifies primary and alternate sources for each item needed and encourages suppliers to remain competitive to achieve best value (quality, lead time, parts and service).
• Ensures SCM organization partners with Quality organization to qualify suppliers and to monitor their performance using an established Supplier Corrective Action process (SCAR).
• Incorporates drawings, quality specifications and requirements into purchase orders to maintain high quality standards and expectations.
• Establishes and enforces procedures to ensure proper recording, storage and tracking of all items purchased by the Company.
• Monitors prices of major commodities; analyzes impact based on annual usage and reports findings to management for budgeting purposes.
Monitors significant trends, changes in suppliers, and prices to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect company positions.
Prepares and issues POs for complex or specialized parts/materials to support production and sales.
• Researches and identifies non-standard or at risk parts and assist in developing new sources of supply.
Contacts carriers to negotiate contracts/pricing, troubleshoot problems, and to arrange and coordinate challenging shipments.
• Manages the relationships between many different suppliers.
• Selects suppliers and works with Quality Manager to qualify and measure performance in areas of quality, on-time-delivery, technical resources/support and ease of doing business.
• Negotiates terms to obtain necessary materials and product in timely and most cost effective manner.
• Solicits promotions, discounts, markdowns, warehousing options and favorable payment terms from suppliers.
• Works with Quality Manager to Identify and resolve problems with suppliers in a timely manner using an established Supplier Corrective Action process (SCAR).
• Oversees the shipping and receiving functions.
• Negotiates in-bound and out-bound freight and carrier contracts and terms.
Responsible for ordering and importing sea containers, as well as complying with customs regulations and maintaining relationships with freight forwarders and coordinating their efforts.
Assures all Government contract/subcontract requirements are met:
Maintains CPSR (Contract Purchasing System Review) certification by implementing policies, procedures, and work instructions for executing and controlling purchase orders and subcontracts to subcontractors.
Develops strong understanding of all government contracts/subcontracts and evaluates for executing correct FAR flow-downs and ensuring FAR/DFAR compliance.
Responds to DCMA/DCAA audits in timely and accurate manner as required.
Directly supervises Planning/Scheduling, Purchasing, Logistics (Shipping and Receiving) functions.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BA/BS with 10+ years progressive Supply Chain Management experience or equivalent experience with CPIM or CPSM, 5+ years management experience. CFCM certification strongly preferred.
Experience in Supply Chain Management in an engineering development company.
5+ years FAR/DFAR experience including purchasing of GFE items and FAR Flow-Down Clause and CPSR (Contract Purchasing System Review) experience.
Strong knowledge of ITAR and EAR regulations.
Experienced in export compliance requirement and applicable laws.
Experienced in purchasing technical products/materials and ability to read/interpret blueprints, drawings, or other technical material.
Demonstrated leadership skills. Highly motivated and ability to work independently and implement change where needed. Dedicated to the pursuit of continuous improvement.
Highly organized and process driven. Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team-based environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Internal Number: 17778
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applie...d technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.